This Week

KeepandShare.com(R)  2013 Calendar with holidays

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Soundtrack

Something all "real" runners already know, which I have also found to be true, is that the right music can be the difference between a great workout and an ok one. I am constantly changing my running play list as I find new songs that I think will help me and as I tire of others. I actually have 2 different playlists for exercise, one is my "running" playlist and the other is my "workout" playlist. The running playlist is full of songs with the right beat or ryhthm to help me time my steps. If the beat is too slow, I will slow down, if it is too fast it won't feel just right for my run. I pay very little attention to the lyrics or the quality of the songs that I include in my playlist, because I really am more focused on the tempo. (I'm telling you that because I am embarrassed of some of the songs I listen too ;) Here is my current running playlist:
Now, for my workouts, the tempo is much less important than the psychological effect of the songs. I have to hear songs that pump me up. Again, some of the songs I have on here are a bit embarrassing, but hey, whatever works!!!
It's not hard to find help with building exercise playlist. Here are some links that have helped me choose songs that I might not have otherwise thought of... Women's health (exercise playlists) jog FM (self explanatory) jog tunes This one helps you find the right music for your pace. in the gym (for the gym, obviously)

1 comment: