This Week

KeepandShare.com(R)  2013 Calendar with holidays

Friday, May 18, 2012

M.I.A.

So do you like how I disappeared after I told you I was going to start training? I thought that was pretty awesome too. I didn't flake, I just haven't had time to blog about what I'm doing. I have been running, but I haven't really been following any of the training schedules I've found. Life has been crazy with baseball play-offs and my kids' swim practice, etc. etc. so I've just been getting out when I can. Last weekend, my purse was stolen out of our truck while we were at the hike & bike trails. Normally I would take this as a sign from the universe that I should stay fat and out of shape, but I've already paid for the triathlon (not to mention I've started this blog) so I'll keep going. We'll just call the purse theft "strike one" In an attempt to take charge of my training, I've started a calendar for myself. Using KeepandShare.com I was going to use my google calendar, but I wasn't sure how to start a new one without it interfering with my existing calendar, so I just looked elsewhere. I've only planned out the rest of May, but I will get to June next weekend. I'm sure I'm not doing it the "right way" but I'm just basing my activities off of the schedules I have seen, while incorporating the activities I am able to do.
KeepandShare.com(R)  Share Online
I've also embedded a weekly calendar at the top of the blog, which should update automatically. My plan is to strikethrough workouts I actually complete and mark the ones I don't, just to keep a record for myself. I'm using the Couch to 5K App for my running training. I like it because it tells me when to run and when to walk. I REALLY hate checking my watch for the interval training, so having this app in my ear makes it so much easier! I have used it successfully (if successful = quit with injury during week 8) in the past so it made sense to go back to it again. I think the pool is warm enough to start swimming so I will be doing that this week too. I only wish I could find user friendly training apps for the swimming and biking, but until I do I guess I'll do it the old fashioned way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment