This Week

KeepandShare.com(R)  2013 Calendar with holidays

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A letter from the voice my head.

Dear Self, Your fleeting bursts of inspiration are awe inspiring. You forego all logic and reason, in the moment, make a major decision (with little or no research) and decide you will figure out the details later. Yep, you are one amazing woman, and by 'amazing' I mean, "what the hell are you thinking you stupid idiot?"!!! You haven't run a real mile (you can't count treadmill runs, at least until I can figure out how to make the actual ground move under my feet) in over a year, you've backed out of every single 5K you've signed up for, except the one where you walked the entire thing, and today when you were leaving jury duty, you got winded walking ever-so-slightly uphill back to the parking garage. Signing up for a triathlon was a pretty boneheaded move to make, signing up for an 'open-water' triathlon was a colossal screw-up. BUT, here you are, and your pride will never let you rethink this, reconsider or back out. You're stuck, and in those quiet moments, (you know, the ones where you are consumed with the "holy shit, I'm royally screwed" feeling?) you're going to have to chill the f*ck out and figure out how to make this happen. Good luck sucker!!! Sincerely, Your self-defeating attitude problem. Yep, that is pretty much how it goes, and probably a large part of my 'out-of'shape/overweight' problem. It isn't helping that the blogs I am checking out are written by women who are either much younger or in much better shape than me. I haven't even started training yet because I'm afraid that reality won't live up to my expectations. The irony of that statement is not lost on me... For now, here are some of the blogs that have my mind spinning.. Amateur Triathlete Triathlete Training Blog Procrastinator (right up my alley!!) Today's small victory: I didn't quit, yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment