This Week

KeepandShare.com(R)  2013 Calendar with holidays

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cheat Day!!!

As part of this journey, I am trying to lose weight for many reasons. I actually joined Weight Watchers with a good friend about 3 weeks ago, before I had the triathlon epiphany. I have done Weight Watchers before, but I always quit for one reason or another. This time, I am telling myself that I only have to make it 16 weeks, and then if I want to quit, I will. The idea there is that I should have enough weight loss by then to motivate me to keep going with it. Losing weight is only going to help me get ready for this triathlon because it will help reduce my times and increase my endurance. The opposite is also true, training for the triathlon will help with the Weight Watcher goals. Anyway... I do count points and watch what I eat, and I have been losing weight (although this week may not be yield the best results due to a few bumps in the road) BUT Saturday is CHEAT DAY. It is possible that my love of cheat day speaks to a much deeper issue I have with food, but I really don't care because I can eat whatever I want. I don't count points on this day at all, and I tell myself if I want it, I can have it. Now, I don't go crazy because I still have to get my fat ass on the wagon the very next day, but I do free myself of the rules just for this day. This is NOT they way Weight Watchers would want me to reward myself, but so far it is working for me. If I want something that is fattening or otherwise bad for me during the week, I just tell myself I can have it on Saturday, and, usually, I can delay gratification until then. It really is a win win situation. At this point whatever keeps me motivated and moving in the same direction is what I need to do!!! Workouts start this week, so stay posted. I may even put up a few pictures of myself (I can be really brave while no one is watching).

No comments:

Post a Comment